The Jack Purcell Recreation Association offers a variety of sports for adults. Please see our latest program guide for specific times, or register here. Priority to play is given to those who register for a full session in any of our sports programs. Drop-ins are accommodated as space permits and at the discretion of the instructor. First come, first-served.
- Coed Recreational Badminton: Try this quick-moving sport of agility and hand-eye coordination. Some basic instruction is provided. You’ll be surprised how quickly you improve. (Restricted to adults.)
- Dodgeball for Beginners: An instructor is on-site to demonstrate some techniques in playing the game.
- Dodgeball – Intermediate/Advanced: Join us for a fast-paced game in a fun and competitive environment. (Open to all levels of skill and athletic ability.)
- Coed Recreational Pickleball: One of the fastest growing racket sports in North America, Pickleball has adapted components of tennis, ping pong and badminton. It's played on a smaller court using a special racket and ball. An instructor is on hand to teach the rules of the game and demonstrate the basic moves in this fun, fast and friendly racket sport. Equipment is provided.
- Drop-in Pickleball Play: Drop-in Plckleball with no instruction, attendant on site for equipment only. This is an opportunity for the experienced player to play a more competitive game. Bring your own paddle (we have a few to loan out); this program is first come first serve with limited space. Please note that the court is smaller than regulation size.
- Beginner, Intermediate & Skills/Drills Tennis (Seasonal)- These are drills-based classes where the focus is on technique and footwork, so be prepared to run and recover. You'll also learn and improve your ground stroke, volley and overhead smash through special drills. (Drills are based on skill level.)
- Children's Beginner Tennis (Seasonal)- Focus is on learning how to serve and rally, and hit volleys. Develop the forehand and backhand ground strokes. (For 8 years and older.)
- Tennis Workshops (Fall)- Fall Tennis: Available to adult Beginner and Intermediate levels. These are 4-week sessions only with each week focusing on a specific skill such as the ground stroke, the volley, playing a game, and learning game tactics. (Based on skill level.)