The Jack Purcell Recreation Association offers a variety of sports for adults. Please see our latest program guide for specific times, or register here. Priority to play is given to those who register for a full session in any of our sports programs. Drop-ins are accommodated as space permits and at the discretion of the instructor. First come, first-served.
- Coed Recreational Badminton: Come out and try this fast-moving Olympic sport of agility and hand-eye coordination.
Some basic instruction is provided and you'll be surprised how quickly you improve. Sign up with a friend. Meet new people.
This program is restricted to adult players only. We provide the birdies. Spare racquets are available but it is recommended that you bring your own.
- Dodgeball for Beginners: Want to learn the basics of Dodgeball? There's an instructor on-site to give you some pointers
and demonstrate some techniques in playing the game.
- Dodgeball – Intermediate/Advanced (Thursday): Join us for a fast-paced game in a fun and competitive environment. (Open to all levels of skill and athletic ability.) An instructor is on-site to demonstrate some techniques in playing the game.
- Dodgeball – Intermediate/Advanced (Saturday) :This program is offered to the more advanced Dodgeball player. An instructor is on-site to demonstrate some techniques in playing the game.
- Coed Recreational Pickleball: One of the fastest growing racket sports in North America, Pickleball has adapted components of tennis, ping pong and badminton. It's played on a smaller court using a special racket and ball. An instructor is on hand to teach the rules of the game and demonstrate the basic moves in this fun, fast and friendly racket sport. Equipment is provided.
- Beginner, Intermediate & Skills/Drills Tennis (Seasonal) These are drills-based classes where the focus is on technique and footwork, so be prepared to run and recover. You'll also learn and improve your ground stroke, volley and overhead smash through special drills. (Drills are based on skill level.)
- Children's Beginner Tennis (Seasonal)- Focus is on learning how to serve and rally, and hit volleys. Develop the forehand and backhand ground strokes. (For 8 years and older.)
- Tennis Workshops (Fall)- Fall Tennis: Available to adult Beginner and Intermediate levels. These are 4-week sessions only with each week focusing on a specific skill such as the ground stroke, the volley, playing a game, and learning game tactics. (Based on skill level.)