The Jack Purcell Recreation Association offers a variety of programs for children and youth on a seasonal basis.. Please see our latest program guide for specific times and availability, or register here.
- Children's Beginners Dance Class: Our Children's Beginners Dance Class Program will allow young children to learn the fundamentals of dance and ballet techniques in a positive, fun environment. They will learn many traditional ballet moves while still being creative. These classes will provide children with an energetic introduction to dance. Ages: 6-8.
- Preschool Dance Class: Our Preschool Dance Class Program will allow young children to learn the fundamentals of dance and explore different movements with their bodies while having fun! Kids will develop fine motor skills through basic ballet and jazz steps. Ages 3-5. Starting Oct. 19.
- Youth Paint Night: Bring your creativity and energy for an evening of painting fun and celebration with your friends! Supplies are provided. Ages: 9-13.
- Baby Sitting Certification Course: The course will use the official Canada Safety Council curriculum which covers topics such as becoming a successful babysitter, caring for children from three months to school-aged, emergencies, basic first aid, behavior management and much more. Fee includes workbook; send your child with lunch and snacks. Ages 11-14.
- Digital Piano Lessons: These 30-minute interval sessions will enable students to explore their music reading and performance skills. At the end of each session, there’s an informal group performance to showcase what has been learned. Beginners and all levels are welcome. (Additional cost for the workbook.) Ages 5-14. *DUE TO HIGH DEMAND REGISTRATIONS WILL ONLY BE TAKEN BY THE COORDINATOR- E-MAIL: CHILDRENANDYOUTH@JPRA.CA*
- Intro to Musical Instruments: In this Intro to Musical Instruments session, children will get to explore and learn a variety of instruments including the recorder and a variety of hand percussion instruments.