The Jack Purcell Recreation Association offers a variety of programs for children and youth on a seasonal basis.. Please see our latest program guide for specific times and availability, or register here.
- Children's Beginners Dance Class: Our Children's Beginners Dance Class Program will allow young children to learn the fundamentals of dance and ballet techniques in a positive, fun environment. They will learn many traditional ballet moves while still being creative. These classes will provide children with an energetic introduction to dance. Ages: 6-8.
- Youth Paint Night: Bring your creativity and energy for an evening of painting fun and celebration with your friends! Supplies are provided. Ages: 9-13.
- Staying Home Alone Course: The Staying Home Alone Course will use the ofﬁcial Canada Safety Council curriculum to prepare your child to stay on their own. The course covers establishing a routine, house key responsibilities, strangers, emergencies, basic ﬁrst aid & internet safety. Bring your lunch and snacks. Ages 10-14.
- Baby Sitting Certification Course: The course will use the official Canada Safety Council curriculum which covers topics such as becoming a successful babysitter, caring for children from three months to school-aged, emergencies, basic first aid, behavior management and much more. Fee includes workbook; send your child with lunch and snacks. Ages 11-14.
- Digital Piano Lessons: These 30-minute interval sessions will enable students to explore their music reading and performance skills. At the end of each session, there’s an informal group performance to showcase what has been learned. Beginners and all levels are welcome. (Additional cost for the workbook.) Ages 5-14. *DUE TO HIGH DEMAND REGISTRATIONS WILL ONLY BE TAKEN BY THE COORDINATOR- E-MAIL: CHILDRENANDYOUTH@JPRA.CA*