The Jack Purcell Recreation Association offers a variety of fitness classes for adults. Browse our offerings below, and see our latest program guide for specific times, or register here!
Fitness and zumba classes
- Total Body Conditioning: This class is open to all fitness levels and offers a combination of interval training, Tabata (fast-paced 20 seconds of intensity with 10-second rest) and weights to help condition all the body muscle groups.
- Short Circuit: Challenges your muscles through frequent--and short--workout bursts of weight-lifting, cardio and core to keep your body off balance.
- Body Blast-Core Strong: An hour-long cross training workout using a mix of circuit, strength and endurance training, with the last part of the class devoted to your core muscles. Instructors change their routines and equipment weekly, so we recommend that you show up early to get set up for your workout.
- Zumba® International Flavours: Incorporates more than just Latin rhythms. It also introduces you to African, Indian and Caribbean rhythms. You’ll incorporate belly dancing, quebredita and tango dance to get your heart pumping and your body moving. You’ll burn calories, strengthen your core and also have fun. It won’t seem like a workout!
- SPECIAL OFFER: Purchase a 10-pass visit for only $85 / buy one class and get the other at 50% off.
- Energy Dance: This is a workout based on dance for people with a wide range of fitness levels and dance abilities. Choreographed dance moves get the heart rate up and the body moving through music that ranges from blues, folk, rock ‘n’ roll to jazz. There’s a warm-up, a cool-down and some relaxation, and the content of the class changes every two weeks. It’s a fun and friendly way to work out.
- SPECIAL OFFER: Purchase a 10-pass visit for only $60!
- You'll focus on legs, lower back and abs to improve lower-body strength, especially the core. You'll improve flexibility and increase body tone for the legs, butt and abs. It's a demanding workout (no cardio) to enhance control of the all-important back muscles. (The instructor, Véronique, has a background in circus training and dance.)
- Hatha Yoga: In this all-levels yoga class, you’ll connect breath with mindful movement. You’ll explore various yoga poses, both relaxing and challenging for you. You’ll connect with your inner rhythm, increase physical strength and flexibility, improve balance and coordination, reduce stress, and develop resilience to help you cope with the everyday ups and downs. You’ll bring your body, mind, and spirit into harmony.
- SPECIAL OFFER: Purchase a 10-pass visit for only $110!