The Jack Purcell Recreation Association is offers a variety of dance classes for adults. Please see our latest program guide for specific times, or register here.
- Ballroom and Latin Dance – Entry Level A: You’ll learn to connect to music, as well as your your partner, using patterns in Jive, Cha-Cha, Rumba and the Waltz.
- Ballroom and Latin Dance – Entry Level B: You’ll learn to connect to music, as well as your your partner, using patterns in Salsa, Saba, Tango and the Foxtrot.
- Ballroom and Latin Dance – Intermediate/Advanced: You'll review and continue to build on dances you already know. The class is geared to improve your skills as a dance couple.
- Wedding Dance Preparation: The majority of couples will choose their preferred dances (one or two). The idea is to build confidence and enhance communication between the couple in preparation for the big day. Limited to four couples only.
- Dance Choreography: You'll focus on building a routine for one to two dances. You'll hone your skills and learn some challenging combinations. (Dances will be determined by participants with input from the instructor.)
In addition, the Jack Purcell Community Centre also offers a Wednesday Night Social Dance for 40+.